Monday, February 11, 2013

Being Inspired....

A friend of mine sent me some writings of hers today to look at (I was honored) and it was really great to read. I look forward to her getting her work published. I have a couple of friends who ride choppers and write about their experiences and I have to say I love it. In the late 80's and early 90's I went to high school in a college town and we spent a lot of time skateboarding and hanging out in coffee houses talking about "things".  I have enjoyed philosophy my whole life and I really enjoy the arts, especially when it is reflecting on the human experience. There are so many unknowns in life and when I read about someones experience and I can relate to it, it brings meaning and a sort of validation to my own actions, thoughts and feelings. Things don't feel so unknown and I don't feel quite so alone. In fact, I feel inspired. I only wish that I could express a small portion of what I feel in words or music or video. The world really is an amazing place, and as much evil that goes on in the world, there are amazing people doing amazing things. So heres to all of those people who inspire me to be something more. Some of you I know and some of you I don't but either way, I salute you all. May we all find what we seek and enjoy the journey while we're doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment