Wednesday, September 5, 2012

LIFE IN THE RAW

Lots of people don't understand many of the things I enjoy, in particular and for the sake of this post, riding a motorcycle as my main mean of transportation. They often bring up bad weather or other elements of nature or the fact that there is a certain element of danger inherent in riding motorcycles, as deterring factors. I find it hard to explain to people the joy that I derive from being on two wheels. Being out in nature, the wind and sun on your body and the road blurring past your feet as you feel every lean of the bike or twist of the wrist in your body. Your mind acutely aware of everything around you as you multitask both hands and both feet while braking, shifting, clutching and accelerating practically all at the same. And that is just the riding part.
As a devout member of the chop cult lifestyle I built my bike from the ground up and I know every nut and bolt on it. This means I MUST travel with a tool kit which I often have to use. I've had to pull over several times to make adjustments or tighten bolts I notice coming loose and a few things more serious. I have come to refer to this as "life in the raw". Everything is out there in the open, no AAA, no comfortable cage to ride in with A/C, no radio. Just me, my machine and the elements. Anything can happen and that's just how I like it. Down and dirty, simple and rough, life in the raw. I guess you either get it or you don't judging by the looks I get from people when explaining this concept. So heres to it everybody, now go forth and live your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment